Some of us may keep the same bra size all their lives. A majority of women do need a bra size change once in a while.
- What are the causes that may change the size of our breasts?
- How often does my bra size change?
- How will I know if I need another bra size?
Causes that may change the size of our breasts
We can all think of reasons why our body, and therefore our breasts, can change.
- the weight that you gain
- the weight that you lose
- hormonal changes
- nursing a child
- surgery to one or two breasts
Triumph Women’s Body Make-Up Soft Touch Bra | S-L sizes See details at Amazon.co.uk
I experience that a lot of women never really take time to have a proper look at their bra when it’s not comfortable. Or maybe we do notice, but not take further action on that. That’s a shame.
How come many women do not take action? Even when they know that their bra isn’t right anymore?
Well. It’s not that hard to go along with a bra that no longer supports you. Or never has supported you in the first place. It’s only human to go along with something that isn’t right for you, like a bad-fitted bra.
Read more about how to measure your bra size. 10 to 20 minutes of your time is all you need.
Need a measuring tape? See measuring tapes Amazon »
How often does my bra size change?
There are many causes that may change the size and shape of our breasts. Fluctuations in weight, hormones, pregnancy, and aging will have some impact.
Therefore you might need a different bra size more than once in your life.
Do realize that your bra needs to be replaced by a new one at some point. A bra that is worn-out or has lost too much of its elastic fiber can never be right anymore.
Soak Wash Twin Pack Lacey (Celebration) See details at Amazon.co.uk
- a clean bra is a strong bra
- wash regularly to keep the fibers clean
- rotate your bras, give them days of rest to regain its shape
- wash them the right way | read more about washing your bras »
How will I know if I need a bra size change?
Take some to think about your bra. And look at it with all honesty.
- does my bra feel comfortable during the day?
- does my bra support my breasts in a firm, but still in a nice way?
- how does my bra look in the mirror, take some time to have a look at yourself
- does my bra help me make my clothes look good?
Only 10 minutes of your time can be enough. Enough anyway to take the first step.
Remember that a slight change in measurements could mean you should try a different bra size.
And also be aware that brands an bra styles have a different fit sometimes. So you might have to try your bra sister size. Read more about Do I have a sister size? »
Glamorise Women’s Full Figure MagicLift Seamless Wirefree Sports Bra See details at Amazon.co.uk
A bra that FITS you makes you feel more confident and more womanly. Your clothes look better.
Researches say 60 to 80 percent of women do NOT wear their right bra size