I believe in a well-fitted bra for every woman!
Of course, every woman should be wearing a well-fitting bra. However, in reality, a lot of women do NOT wear the
We keep reading about the high percentages of women who wear the wrong bra size (varying from 60 to 80%). I always thought these percentages to be a bit high. But after measuring myself and other women I found out that many women indeed still wear the wrong bra.
From the first four women I measured, three of them were not wearing the right bra. They knew it, they felt it, and saw their bad-fitted bra in the mirror. These women all had different body and bra sizes, from AA to D cup.
How come we end up wearing the wrong bra size way too long?
Reasons why we might stick to the wrong bra:
- we wear this bra size for many years now, never really wondering if the size is still the right one
- we never had a proper bra size in our lives before, still accepting this
- our body and breasts have changed (weight changes, childbirth, operation,
etc.), but we haven’t checked our bra sizes
- we know the bra isn’t right but we don’t take the time to measure ourselves or get a bra fitting
- someone else measured our bra size and we keep it, although we don’t feel happy with the bra size
Measuring your bra size
First, you measure your underbust and bust size. So that’s two measurements.
Secondly, you’ll compare your measurements in a bra size chart or in a bra size calculator.
Voila, that’s it.
- It may take no more than 10 to 20 minutes. My advice is to measure a couple of times and write down the outcomes. Only a slight difference in your measurements could mean you would fit another bra size.
- Don’t let this scare you! It’s important for you to find out if you’re just in between two bra sizes. It could mean you would fit two different bra sizes and they both fit you just fine.
- For example. Your bra size is 40D. Your band size is however close to 38 as well. You might fit 40D, but you might also try 38E.
- When you go up or down a band size, your cup size volume will change too. If you want to keep the same cup size, but need another band size? Just go down or up a cup size as well to keep the same cup volume.
Researches say 60 to 80 percent of women do NOT wear their right bra size